To be the leading welfare institution for employees and their families.
To be responsive to the evolving WELFARE needs of employees and their families in line with the objectives of the institution.
- Uphold quality of products and services
- Optimum utilization of resources
- Effective communication
- Innovation & creativity
- Life-long learning
OBJECTIVES OF THE FUND
The objectives of the Fund as per the EWF Act 1995 are:
- To manage the financial and other resources of the Fund.
- To set up and operate schemes and projects for the welfare of employees and their families.
- To give loans or financial assistance to employees or their families for such purpose as may be determined by the Board and,
- To do all such things as appear to be necessary and conducive to the promotion of the welfare of employees and their family.
HISTORY OF THE FUND
Following the Tripartite meeting held in 1991, the proposal for setting up an Employees Welfare Fund to cater for the welfare, leisure and recreational needs of the employees was retained. The Fund was provided with a legal framework for its operation under the Finance and Audit (Employees Welfare Fund) Regulation 1991 on 9th August 1991. A few years later, in 1995, it became a body corporate with the enactment of the Employees Welfare Act 1995.
It operates with a seed capital made up of contribution paid by employers in respect of their employees during period 01 July 1991 to 30 June 1994. The total annual contribution represented 2.5% of the salaries of employees.
The Fund is administered and controlled by a Board of ten persons, selected on the basis of a tripartite philosophy, with three representatives of Employees, Employers and Government respectively and a Chairman.
PRESENT COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD
|Chairperson||Mr. BABAJEE Dineshrao|
|Representatives of Government||Mr. GUNPUTH Ganesse
Mr. FATADIN Fatadin
Mrs. RAMAH Chentabye
|Representatives of Employees||Mr. MOONIEN Pregassen
Mr. RAMJUTTUN Pranjeewan
Mr. MOURAT Shersingh
|Representatives of Employers||Mr. GOBIN Khemil
Mrs. WONG Danielle
Mr. SMITH John