Employees Welfare Fund 25th Anniversary Celebrations
The Employees Welfare Fund (EWF), operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, was set up in 1991 to cater for the welfare, leisure and recreational needs of Mauritian employees. In 1995, the EWF became a corporate body with the enactment of the Employees Welfare Act in 1995.
The creation of the Fund in 1991 and its enactment in 1995 bears the footprint of the Rt. Hon. Sir Anerood JUGNAUTH, G.C.S.K., K.C.M.G, QC and it is thanks to his vision that the EWF is today one of the most performing Funds in the best interest of employees.
The objectives of the Fund are, inter alia:
- To set up and operate schemes and projects for the welfare of employees and their families;
- To give loans or financial assistance to employees or their families for such purposes as may be determined by the Board;
- To do all such things as appear to be necessary and conducive to the promotion of the welfare of employees and their families in general.
The main activities of the EWF comprise of providing a series of financial assistance of different nature like Education Loan, SC/HSC Examination Fees Loan, Car/Motorcycle Loan and Employees Welfare Loan. Also, the EWF has implemented welfare projects for employees namely the Sodnac Wellness Park alongside the operation of the Calodyne Sur Mer hotel which offers special packages for vacation to employees and their families.
Hence, in the context of its 25th Anniversary, the Employees Welfare Fund has planned a special Launching Event at its seat comprising of the following activities:
- Launching of new EWF Identity (New Logo, New Mission and Vision)
- Launching of new EWF Website
- Launching of EWF Corporate Plan 2016-2019
- Launching of EWF Code of Ethics.